Easy compile block allows you to compile a sop nodes for loop or a selection of nodes easily. It create all the nodes needed for you ( compile end and begin ) and update all the expression references which are not compatible with compilation. For more information about compiled sop, see the sideFX master class about it: https://vimeo.com/222881605
It raises a warning is a non-compilable node is found in the for loop or the selection.
Still in beta: if you have any troubles using the script, if possible, send a hip file with the for loop you want to compile, as well as your Houdini version and platform by email: email@example.com
Compatibility Houdini 16.0, 16.5
Go to you $HOME/Houdini16.0 folder ( for instance, on windows: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\houdini16.0, on MAC OSX it would be: ~/Library/Preferences/houdini/16.0 ) and extract HoudiniEasyCompileBlock.zip in here ( with "extract here" command ). The zip file contains:
scripts\python\HoudiniEasyCompileBlock folder, the main python module.
OPmenu.xml The file used to customize the right click on a node.
Compile a sop for-loop:
Right click on a valid "for node end" sop node, then select Easy Compile => Easy Compile Block: For loop.
The script will create for you the compile blocks end and begin + update the expressions references if needed ( with spare inputs creation ).
If there is a non-compilable node in the forloop, an error will be raised:
Update references on a selected sop node
You can update node references + create spare input on a selected sop node using right-click => Easy Compile => Easy Compile Block: Update node.
You need more support, have feedback or issues ? send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expression with standard varriables are updated, supported variables are:
$CEX, $CEY, $CEZ, $XMIN, $YMIN, $ZMIN, $XMAX, $YMAX, $ZMAX, $SIZEX, $SIZEY, $SIZEZ, $NPT, $NPR
- Fix compile block node not create when selection has no inputs.
- Hide Easy compile menu when compilation is not possible ( instead of having an empty menu ).
- Minor fix on node selection compilation.
- Fix compatibility issue with Houdini 16.0.
- Display full path of parameters which has been updated during the process instead of just the name.
- First release, still beta. No Undo supported yet.